Cookies and what you need to know about them
Cookies are the term used for small text files which are placed on your computer, laptop, smart phone or mobile device when you browse a website.
These cookies help us to:
- Make sure our website will work as you’d expect
- Where appropriate they will save you having to login every time you revisit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Offer you additional free services or content through advertising links
- Help improve the speed and security of the site
- Allow you to share content with social networks like Facebook and Twitter
- Personalise our site for you, which will help you get what you need faster
- Allow us to continuously improve our website for you and other visitors
- Make our marketing more efficient, ultimately helping us to offer our services at the most economical price
- Collect any personally identifiable information without your express permission
- Collect any sensitive information without your express permission
- Pay or receive sales commissions from third parties
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera or Google Chrome) are adjusted to accept cookies then we take this fact, along with your continued use of our website, to mean that you are willing to accept Cookies.
You should note however that doing this will most likely mean that our site will not work as you might expect.
Our Website Function Cookies
- Remembering your site search settings
- Allowing you to see which pages you have recently visited on the site
- Allowing you to add comments to pages and news items on our site
- Tailoring site content to your specific needs
- Remembering your browsing preferences such as colours, layout and text size
These cookies must be set either to use or not use our site.
Third party functions
This site, like almost all websites, include some functionality which is provided by third parties.
Common examples include Facebook and Twitter feeds and links or an embedded YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies means you will not be able to access the functions offered by these third party organisations
Site Improvement Cookies
We may sometimes want to test new designs or features on our website.
We may do this by randomly showing slightly different variations of our website to different visitors.
We may use Google Analytics to allow us to anonymously monitor how our site visitors respond to the different versions.
The intention of this research is to help us to offer you a better website.
We do not use advertising cookies.
Turning Cookies Off
With most browsers you can switch cookies off by adjusting the settings to stop the browser from accepting cookies.
Turning cookies off will however limit the functionality of our site and a large majority of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
privacy, policy, terms, conditions, contemporary, photography, for google, street, view, 360, degree, virtual, tours, business, hotels